As interest in passive investing continues to grow, selecting the right index becomes a key decision in your investment strategy.
S&P DJI offers solutions specifically tailored to help you answer key questions. How do I reflect core policies and beliefs? Are active managers justifying their fees? How can I maximize risk-adjusted returns?
Index Data and Licensing
Access data on thousands of indices in various levels of sophistication and complexity. Our packages are designed for a variety of applications, including
- Monitoring manager performance
- In-house asset management
- Passive replication
You can access our index, constituent, and corporate-action level data through multiple data delivery platforms, including leading third-party providers.
Custom Index Solutions
We offer a variety of solutions that allow you to fine-tune or custom-design an index to meet your specific mandate:
- Custom Slice and Dice: Tailor an S&P DJI index by filtering for region, size or sector, excluding individual stocks or sectors, applying social or religious screens, or adopting alternate weighting methods.
- Custom Hybrid: Apply your methodology to an S&P DJI index or universe, or use our index levels as inputs.
- Custom White Label: Create a wholly proprietary index based on your methodology.
Why S&P DJI?
Broad Market Coverage
We cover every major asset class and segment our broad benchmarks to enable consistent tracking across countries, regions, sectors, and size segments.
We avoid conflicts of interest in benchmark determinations and adhere to IOSCO Principles on Financial Benchmarks.
Our policies, procedures, and index methodologies are readily available on our public website.
Our advanced approaches are backed by academic research and our deep market knowledge.
Our name is recognized and trusted for our long legacy of reliably measuring the markets.
Featured Research & Insights
Indexing Risk Parity Strategies
Explore an innovative multi-asset approach to risk parity.
Defense Beyond Bonds: Defensive Strategy Indices
How do defensive strategy indices compare to a traditional 60/40 mix on a risk/return basis?
Big Things Come in Small Packages
What sets the S&P SmallCap 600® apart from other small-cap indices?
Blending Factors in Your Smart Beta Portfolio
Are two factors better than one?
Explore how much fees impact the active vs. passive debate.
News & Announcements
Start exploring our wide array of indices by selecting from the table below to discover fact sheets, data and more.
Through our SPICE data delivery platform, institutions who subscribe to our data can access:
- Intraday alerts on time-sensitive, market-moving U.S. index events.
- Index snapshots including returns, sector allocations, fundamentals, and more.
- Easy-to-access performance comparisons.
- Downloadable daily historical data, customized based on your parameters.
Access index data and research to help you evaluate both active and passive investment solutions.
Access original research on market behavior and trends, and strategic index applications.
Download monthly performance reports that provide snapshots of global markets and asset classes.
Find out how active managers are performing against their benchmarks around the world in various time horizons globally.